WindGuard Certification is the second youngest company in the WindGuard Group. Nevertheless, with our 20 employees we have more than 100 years of combined experience in the renewable energy sector and more than 50 years of combined experience in certification. Starting out as a certification body and testing laboratory for grid characteristics, we have since gained accreditation for type and project certification. In addition to lifetime extension for existing plants, which we gained after developing our method of load calculation with the support of experienced professionals from manufacturers and industry players. All certification services are accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS), and increasingly now also by the IECRE for international projects.
Range of services
WindGuard Certification offers a comprehensive range of testing and certification services:
- Certification of electrical characteristics
- Certification of generation units (GSUs) and components
- Certification of generation units (EZA)
- Type certification according to DIBt, EN/ISO 61400-22 and OD- 501
- Project certification according to BSH, EN/ISO 61400-22 and OD-502
- Site specific design assessment (SSDA)
- Test laboratory for network characteristics including Fault-Ride-Through (FRT)
- Test equipment construction
- Certification for continued operation
- Other services and testing
Experience and Expertise
WindGuard Certification brings many years of industry insight, a great deal of experience and sound specialist knowledge of the relevant standards. You also benefit from the synergies and wealth of experience of the WindGuard Group. Within this group, we have access to know-how and expertise from a wide range of disciplines – including consulting, due diligence, site analysis, surveying and many more.
The national and international recognition of WindGuard Certification's expertise is also expressed in our membership to IECRE as well as numerous specialist committees that deal with the creation of certification and testing standards. Since 2018, WindGuard Certification has also been recognised by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) as a certification body (Prüfbeauftragter) for offshore projects.